Reports to: Director of Digital
FLSA Status: Exempt
Salary: $70,000 – $75,000
About the Vilcek Foundation
What We Do
The Vilcek Foundation raises awareness of immigrant contributions in the United States and fosters appreciation of the arts and sciences.
Who We Are
The foundation was established in 2000 by Jan and Marica Vilcek, immigrants from the former Czechoslovakia. Our mission was inspired by the couple’s respective careers in biomedical science and art history, as well as their personal experiences and appreciation for the opportunities offered to them as newcomers to the United States.
IT Assistant Description
The IT Assistant is a tech-savvy professional who brings energy and experience to the foundation. They are responsible for the maintenance of information technology systems and knowledge management, and for providing technical and operational support.
The ideal candidate is an exceptional help desk assistant and systems thinker in project management, cybersecurity protocol, and relational databases. The candidate should be strategic and creative, and work well in a team environment.
Databases and Knowledge Management
- Capture and maintain contacts and organizational records in Salesforce.
- Create and update reports and dashboards in Salesforce.
- Establish and maintain an internal knowledge repository/intranet.
- Collaborate with staff to maintain Salesforce database and archival systems.
- Establish workflows for adding and preserving repository materials in an on-premise server and in a digital asset management system.
- Support archival processes by scanning, photographing, and digitizing physical material and storing and preserving born-digital files.
- Monitor metrics and leverage analytics and user feedback to report/provide insights on database system performance.
- Provide outreach, training, and mentoring of staff regarding information and knowledge management processes and tools.
- Aid in the development of business continuity and disaster recovery plans, maintain knowledge of plan executables, and respond to crises in accordance with business continuity and disaster recovery plans.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of hardware/equipment and cloud subscription contracts, and assist in installations, onboarding and offboarding, and provisioning devices and applications.
- Document instances of hardware failure, repair, installation, and removal.
- Assist in developing long-term strategies and capacity planning for meeting future computer hardware needs.
- Support implementation of new computer projects and new hardware installations.
- Work with end users as office point-person to identify and deliver technical support and training.
- Assist with the help desk system to log calls, tickets, email requests, and take appropriate action.
- Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot end user workstations, peripheral devices, cloud applications, software, and networked equipment.
- Support and maintain an inventory of all office equipment.
- Construct, test, and install configurations for various platforms and operating systems.
- Document technology budgets, including subscription and contract billing.
Other General Requirements:
- All staff members are expected to provide general support to the President as needed.
- All staff members are expected to help greet visitors as needed.
- All staff members are expected to ensure that all mail sent from the Foundation is handled in a professional and accurate manner.
- All staff members are expected to perform additional duties as assigned.
- Maintaining a convivial atmosphere and cooperative spirit at the workplace is highly desirable.
This position is primarily a sedentary role. However, the person in this position may need to occasionally move about inside the office to liaise with staff, access files, office equipment, and other devices. The Vilcek Foundation is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its programs, and operations. As part of this commitment, the foundation will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations.
Skills and Requirements
- Proficiency in Apple products, including macOS, iPadOS, and iOS systems, Salesforce, administering cloud products, and ability to learn new applications quickly is required. Familiarity with the following systems and services is preferred: Microsoft Office 365, Google Workspace for Nonprofits, Synology, Freshservice, JAMF, Amazon Web Services, Cortex by Orange Logic, Monday.com, Crashplan, and Savant. Apple Certified preferred, but not required.
- BA or BS (in hand or in process, or four years of relevant experience) in a related field.
- The position requires the ability to work independently and within a team environment. A strong passion for the Vilcek Foundation’s mission is ideal.
- The Vilcek Foundation reserves the right to change job descriptions. While this job description is intended to include essential duties, it is conceivable that job duties may change before the job description is officially revised.
- Dental & Vision Reimbursement Plan
- Flexible Spending Account
- Tuition & Student Loan Reimbursement
- 401k and Employer Match
- Generous Vacation
- Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Professional Development
Annual salary $70,000 – $75,000, commensurate with experience.
How to apply
Please email your cover letter and resume as a single PDF to email@example.com.
The Vilcek Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. The Vilcek Foundation prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, physical ability and neurodiversity status, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy/parenthood/familial status, domestic partnership status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, military status or any other characteristic protected by law. The foundation conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.