New York, NY
Salary $60,000 to $65,000
Apply by May 8, 2022
The Vilcek Foundation is seeking a reliable and well-organized individual who will be responsible for providing a high-level of support to the Vilcek Foundation staff and senior management, primarily focused on the functions of both the human resources and communications departments.
This individual will be providing administrative and logistical support on a wide variety of tasks, including processing invoices, filing/digitizing foundational documents, sorting/distributing mail, and other related administrative duties; the incumbent will also work with the foundation’s Communications Manager on specific tasks and projects relevant to the foundation’s internal and external communications. The ideal candidate will exercise responsible and independent judgment in the resolution of administrative concerns and issues. This is a full time, exempt position.
Applicant Should Demonstrate the Following Skills and Requirements
- Bachelors degree or three years of related experience/equivalent coursework
- Strong interest in learning about nonprofits and the arts
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once
- Excellent research skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets
- Experience with Google Drive and/or Dropbox
- Excellent writing skills
- Attention to detail
- Experience with and willingness to do data entry
- Open to constructive feedback and making adjustments
- Capability to work independently and in teams
- Ability to work in the United States without visa sponsorship
Candidates should have a strong passion for the Vilcek Foundation’s work and be truly committed to furthering its mission.
Administrative Support for the President, CEO, and Vice Chairman
- Provide administrative support to CEO, President, and Vice Chairman as needed.
- Prepare presentations, printed materials and conduct research to prepare for meetings with Vilcek Foundation affiliates, as needed.
- Assist as required with writing, research, and correspondence related to human resources and administration
- Maintain memberships and subscriptions as needed
- Assist the communications manager and creative programs associate with projects relevant to the Vilcek Foundation and senior staff social media pages
- Research and compose profile briefs on the prizewinners of the recipients of Vilcek Foundation Prizes and other awards (e.g. The Vilcek-Gold Award for Humanism in Healthcare)
- In coordination with the Communications Manager, research and develop contacts and outreach lists for mailings and promotions.
- Log and enter press mentions and clippings highlighting the Vilcek Foundation and Vilcek Foundation Prizewinners into files for the Vilcek Foundation archives
- Review Vilcek Foundation Prizewinner social media accounts and share relevant information with the Communications Manager and Creative Programs Associate for social media highlights
Human Resources and Fiscal Administrative Support
- Provide administrative support with human resources functions including compensation and benefits administration, organizational policies, and processes. This may include developing templates and guidelines for existing and new policies.
- Assist with document retention including personnel files and human resources correspondence (including scanning, copying).
- Assist the Administrator with employee relations (help screen and field issues and questions regarding pay and benefits, organizational processes, and work-life balance).
- Maintain expense reports involving staff reimbursements, receipts, and spending activity, and digitizing correspondence related to insurance, human resources, and invoices. Assist with processing check requests and new vendor set up, as needed.
Additional Skills and Requirements
- Restocking foundation board room pantry and stationery supplies
- All staff members are expected to ensure that all mail sent from the Foundation is handled in a professional and accurate manner.
- All staff members are expected to perform additional duties as assigned.
- Maintaining a convivial atmosphere and cooperative spirit at the workplace is highly desirable.
- Dental & Vision Reimbursement Plan
- Flexible Spending Account
- Tuition & Student Loan Reimbursement
- 401k and Employer Match
- Generous Vacation
- Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Professional Development
Annual salary $60,000 to $65,000, commensurate with experience.
How to apply
Please email your cover letter and resume as a single PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline to apply is May 8, 2022 at 11:59 pm ET.
About the Vilcek Foundation
The Vilcek Foundation raises awareness of immigrant contributions in the United States and fosters appreciation of the arts and sciences.
The foundation was established in 2000 by Jan and Marica Vilcek, immigrants from the former Czechoslovakia. Our mission was inspired by the couple’s respective careers in biomedical science and art history, as well as their personal experiences and appreciation for the opportunities offered to them as newcomers to the United States.
The Vilcek Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. The Vilcek Foundation prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, physical ability and neurodiversity status, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy/parenthood/familial status, domestic partnership status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, military status or any other characteristic protected by law. The foundation conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.